Welcome to Salt Lake City, Utah!
We are delighted that you are traveling from out of town to create in our studio with us. We want you to feel at home and well taken care of during your trip, so we’ve compiled our top recommendations of where to stay, what to eat, and things to do around your studio session. We’d love to give personalized recommendations if you have specific questions, so ask us anything!
Where to Stay
- The Ellerbeck Bed & Breakfast: Truly this is a gem among B&B’s if you enjoy beautifully restored historic homes, bespoke service, and amazing food. It is located in the same neighborhood as our studio, just 8 blocks away, so you can walk to and from the studio for your sessions!
- Hyatt Regency Hotel: Our studio is a 5 minute drive from downtown Salt Lake City, so any downtown hotel will be very convenient for you to stay in, but we especially recommend the brand new Hyatt Regency.
What to Eat
- Coffee: We are spoiled with 6 coffee shops in our neighborhood but our favorites are Publik and Cafe 140B (this is part of the Ellerbeck B&B)
- Healthy: Honest Eatery (acai bowls and more – so good)
- Asian: Sawadee (Thai)
- Pizza: From Scratch (also have other great dishes)
- Foodie: Avenues Proper and Wildwood
- Fast Casual: Gourmandise (French Cafe and Bakery) or RocTaco
Things to Do
- No two ways around it, if you’re coming to Salt Lake and you like to be active outside, the hiking here can’t be beat. You can stay in town and enjoy an easy stroll up City Creek Canyon, starting in Memory Grove Park, or take a car up Millcreek Canyon (in the summer) and enjoy gorgeous Alpine trails. If it’s fall and you want to see the colors, drive up Parley’s Canyon to Guardsman’s Pass and be amazed.
- Also obvious since Utah is world-renowned for its ski slopes, but if you are here in winter and love skiing, definitely make time to ski at Snowbird, Alta, Deer Valley, Sundance, Brighton, or any of the local ski resorts!
- Exercise Classes:
- Music & Theatre:
- Utah is a very musical place and Salt Lake is a hub for local musicians. You can enjoy great live music at The Lake Effect, The Red Door, Garage on Beck, or Urban Lounge, or catch a vinyl DJ at Blue Gene’s, Good Grammar, or Alibi on weekend nights.
- In the summer, check out the free jazz nights at the Gallivan Center on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with dance lessons included.
- The opera, symphony, theatre, and ballet in Salt Lake are truly excellent so you can always check what is playing at the Capitol Theatre, Eccles Theatre, Abravanel Hall, or the Rose Wagner Theatre.
- If you want to grab a new outfit or pick something up that you forgot to pack, City Creek Center is the outdoor downtown mall that has you covered. It’s a high-end multi-story complex with plenty of anchor stores, restaurants, and spots to hang out. Plus free 2 hour parking in the massive underground parking garage that you can access from multiple streets.